- Deerfield Beach, FL – We are pleased to have acquired Fairway Memorial Gardens at the end of August 2023, expanding our presence in the greater Miami / Ft. Lauderdale area. The property was opened in 2015 and sits on 47 acres of beautiful land in Broward County. The cemetery serves a diverse clientele with its 15 exceptional associates, who are now part of the SCI family.
- Chattanooga, TN – Hamilton Funeral Home and Cremation Services (“Hamilton”) and Cremation Center of Chattanooga (“CCC”) joined the SCI team in May 2023. Hamilton has a beautiful chapel located in the middle of the city’s growth area and has a great reputation of service. It fits nicely between our Chattanooga Memorial Park and Hamilton Memorial Gardens cemeteries. CCC continues to grow, focusing mainly on direct cremation customers. Ralph Mosier will consult for a short period to help transition the business.
- Springfield, IL – We are honored to add Butler Funeral Homes & Cremation Tribute Center and Butler Cemetery. Chris Butler has grown his family’s legacy to include four traditional funeral homes, one direct cremation provider, one stand-alone cemetery, one event center, two human crematories, one pet crematory and a pet cemetery. Adding the Butler Properties, the market share leader, will solidify our footprint and add ~705 calls and ~170 interments annually to our existing two funeral home operations in the market. Chris will continue in his current role to help transition the business before moving to a consulting position as he eases into retirement.
- LOUISIANA –The March 2023 acquisition of Jones Funeral Homes in Louisiana brings four well-established locations into SCI, one in Houma, one in Morgan City, one in Franklin, and another in Jeanerette. Andre Jones sees new opportunities with the change. “The technology used under the Dignity Memorial brand is impressive,” he says. “This will help Jones provide a more interactive service to our families and let them have more personal involvement in the celebration of the life of their loved ones.” Andre will continue his family's legacy by leading with the same community-minded leadership and follow in the footsteps of his parents and his brother, Byron Jones.
- Centerbrook, CT – SCI is elated to have Robinson, Wright & Weymer Funeral Home ("RW&W") join our family in January 2023. We are fortunate to have Sam Fulginiti remain as an employee and Lori Fulginiti join us as a consultant. Sam and the rest of the RW&W team will continue the same level of service excellence they've been providing families in Essex, CT for almost 20 years.
- Waynesburg & Mount Morris, PA – SCI expanded its western Pennsylvania presence with the acquisition of Milliken and Throckmorton Funeral Home in January 2023. We are excited to have the Throckmortons help transition the business, as both employees and consultants, while the rest of the M&T family joins our family.
- San Bernadino County, CA - SCI welcomed Sunset Hills Memorial Park & Mortuary, Victor Valley Memorial Park & Mortuary, and Affordable Cremations into the family on October 2022. A leading funeral and cemetery provider in Southern California’s San Bernardino County, this acquisition adds two funeral home/cemetery combos, two standalone funeral homes, two storefront cremation locations, and two crematories to significantly enhance our footprint in San Bernadino county and our presence in the Hispana Market. Chet Hitt will assist in the transition and remain a consultant going forward.
- GUELPH, ON – We are thrilled to have the MacIntyre family (Mike Sr., Mike, Jr. and Peter) and their exceptional team partner with SCI Canada. Gilbert MacIntyre & Sons operates three funeral operations and a direct cremation company serving ~650 families annually and is uniquely positioned to cover both the Greater Toronto and Greater Hamilton area. The MacIntyre name is highly respected and was the oldest family-owned funeral home in the Wellington County community. To continue the firms’ operational success and maintain the reputation, Mike MacIntyre, Jr. will continue to lead the operations.
- Torrance, CA – SCI recently partnered with Lighthouse Memorials & Receptions, Pacific Crest Cemetery & L.A. Cremation adding the perfect complement to our existing Los Angeles footprint. We are honored to continue the excellent service provided to well over 2,000 families each year. John and Mindy Kirk will remain on to help the transition and continue as consultants over the years.
Levittown, PA – SCI has partnered with James J. Dougherty Funeral Home (Dougherty) in the Philadelphia area. With the addition of Dougherty and the 500 families served annually, SCI has significantly bolstered its funeral footprint. We are excited to continue the Dougherty legacy with Miriam Dougherty remaining on as a consultant and Jack Bonner helping lead the transition to SCI.
- BROOKSVILLE & SPRING HILL, FL – SCI has expanded its funeral footprint in Florida with the acquisition of Merritt Funeral Home, Inc. The Merritt operation consists of two funeral homes and a crematory, performing 450 calls annually. Merritt will complement our existing combo in Spring Hill, Turner Funeral Homes and Florida Hills Memorial Gardens. We are proud to continue the Merritt legacy established by David and Lynn Merritt, who served their communities for over 40 years and will join us as consultants.
- QUEENS, NY – SCI is honored to have Michael Resnick select us to serve Sinai Chapels’ families, following the sale and subsequent closing in April, 2022 of the Sinai Chapels building on Horace Harding Expressway in Fresh Meadows, Queens. This ensures that the Jewish community of Queens and its surrounding areas will continue to have the Resnick family’s commitment of providing attentive, quality services that reflect Jewish funeral traditions and customs and honor loved ones with compassionate care. Michael will remain involved and serve as a Consultant.
- MONEE, IL (CHICAGO MARKET) – In December, 2021, SCI purchased Skyline Memorial Park, Inc. the leading cemetery and cremation specialist in the market area doing business as Skyline Memorial Park & Crematory (“Skyline”). Skyline is a 47 acre cemetery with 24 undeveloped acres that was established in the mid 1950s. With the recently built Memorial Center and Crematory, SCI will have the opportunity to better serve the community through a true combination facility. Richard Kint, owner, will continue to manage the day-to-day operations.
- MENIFEE, CA – Just before the 2021 holidays, SCI welcomed the Miller Jones Mortuaries, Menifee Valley Cemetery, and Cremation Society of Riverside County to the family. This large addition to our Inland Empire market in California is an excellent fit with our current footprint. These operations serve over 2,600 families annually and will continue to be led by the Jones family.
- OHIO - We are privileged to partner with Wappner Funeral Directors in Central Ohio. Wappner has had the honor of serving the Mansfield community and surrounding area for 150 years. The business consists of three funeral homes, a celebration center and a cremation center. This acquisition will complement our existing geographic footprint by filling-in the area between our recently expanded Columbus, OH footprint and our Akron, OH market. Both Bill and Tom Wappner will remain as consultants, and the General Manager and rest of the staff will continue running the daily operations and proudly serve their community.
- COLUMBUS, OH – In December, 2021, SCI purchased the Schoedinger Funeral & Cremation Services operations in the Columbus, Ohio area including their Heart & Hope and Buckeye Cremation locations. By serving well over 2,500 families a year, this significantly bolsters SCI’s operations in Ohio with one of the nation’s premier funeral providers. Randy, Michael, and Kevin Schoedinger will continue to lead the day to day operations while Jay and David Schoedinger will serve as consultants.
- PROVIDENCE, RI – In November SCI added Russell J Boyle & Son Funeral Homes. The Boyle family has been serving the greater Providence market area for over 55 years and the two locations are currently owned by the second generation, Thomas Boyle and his wife, Helen. These two funeral operations will greatly enhance our funeral presence in Rhode Island by serving ~285 additional families annually. To continue the operational success and maintain the reputation, the owner, location manager and owner’s son have all agreed to continue employment post sale.
- SALEM, OR – In October, Virgil T Golden Funeral Service & Oakleaf Crematory partnered with SCI. Thomas Golden, third generation funeral director, owner and operator, became the market share leader at the forefront of the funeral service industry. The Virgil T Golden facility is one of a few funeral homes in the Willamette Valley with its own state-of-the-art crematorium. This single location adds the premier funeral provider serving over 800 families annually.
- DETROIT, MICHIGAN - In July we welcomed the Temrowski family with the addition of D.S. Temrowski & Sons Funeral Home and Cremation Services. We are excited that the entire team there has remained onboard and will continue to be lead by Dan Temrowski while David Temrowski will remain involved as a Consultant.
- MARYLAND - In April, we were excited to welcome Thomas Allen and his team at Simplicity Cremation & Funeral Services, Thomas Allen P.A. and Simplicity Crematory, LLC, in Glen Burnie to the SCI family. Tom will remain active in the management of Simplicity while his sister, Celia, will run the day-to-day operations. This acquisition grows our operational footprint and resources in the Baltimore market with a storefront funeral home and crematory with three retorts.
- CONNECTICUT - Della Vecchia Funeral Homes, with locations in Southington and Wolcott, expands our footprint in Hartford County and adds one of the most respected Connecticut funeral providers to our SCI family. Previous owners David DellaVecchia and Adele Fama will remain active in the firm's operations to ensure continued operational success.
- ONTARIO, CANADA - Located in the Scarborough area of Toronto, Paul O'Connor Funeral Home joined our network in January. Paul O'Connor has been providing dignified, meaningful service in the Toronto area since 1967.
- NEW YORK - Parkside Memorial Chapels, for the past 70 plus years, has been providing comfort and support to the Jewish community in the Queens and Brooklyn boroughs. In March, the Goldstein and Sherman families, owners of the Parkside Memorial Chapels, merged their business into SCI's existing operations in each borough to continue its legacy. Both David and Jordan Goldstein will continue their involvement, goodwill and commitment in the operation as employees.
- PEORIA/PEKIN, ILLINOIS - In March, Buster and Charles Hanley joined SCI’s operational footprint in the Greater Pekin/Peoria Market through the addition of their two funeral homes, one cemetery and a crematory. Preston-Hanley is the premier funeral provider in Pekin and will continue to be the market leader as both owners are continuing to lead the firms.
- GRAND RAPIDS, MICHIGAN - In March we also welcomed Ron Cook and his entire team operating the Cook Funeral Homes, Kubiak-Cook Funeral Homes, and Koops Funeral Chapel. These five locations significantly enhance our presence in Western Michigan. Ron will continue to lead the exceptional pre-need sales efforts for the Cook businesses.
- LANSING, MICHIGAN - We are pleased to welcome Tiffany Funeral Home to our SCI family in August. Previously owned by the Foundation Partners Group, this acquisition expands our presence in Lansing to six overall locations. All staff associates will remain in place.
- DAVENPORT, IOWA - In September, we welcomed the Cunnick-Collins Mortuary and Cremation Service to our growing footprint in the Quad Cities market. Marcus and Mary Cunnick will remain active throughout the transition period to ensure continued success of the firm they founded in 1988. This facility directly adjoins our Davenport Memorial Park Cemetery and adds a third funeral home location to our expanding market presence in Davenport.
- DETROIT, MICHIGAN - We are excited to announce that the A.H. Peters Funeral Homes joined our SCI family in December. These two impeccable facilities fit in perfectly with our footprint in the Northern suburbs of Detroit. David Peters will maintain his presence with his office at the Grosse Pointe location and act as a Consultant.
- WINDSOR, ONTARIO CANADA – In December, Families First Funeral Home & Tribute Centre and Cremation Society of Windsor & Essex County was purchased to enhance SCI Canada’s operational footprint through the addition of four strategically positioned modern, contemporary facilities and event center in the Greater Windsor Ontario Market. Owners Brian and Mary-Lynn Parent chose SCI Canada because “We wanted to find someone that would hold our values, that would continue to allow our team to manage our facilities and help our families in the same way that we have been doing for the last 25 years. We’re very proud to say that after an extensive search we did find a company that would do that. Where all of our people stay in place, our service values continue exactly as they have been.”
- QUEBEC, CANADA - Residence Funéraire St. Louis joined our network in January. The former owner will continue in his role and help with the integration of the two locations in Terrebonne and Mascouche.
- OHIO - Anderson Funeral Homes, with three funeral home locations in Franklin, Springboro and Middleton, as well as a separate Life Celebration Center in Franklin, partnered with us in February. Charles Anderson will continue his daily involvement and leadership of the firms, as will his daughter, Rebekah.
- NEW JERSEY - Krowicki McCracken Funeral Home joined the SCI family in April. Jacob Krowicki will stay for a short period to help transition the business, but at 80+ y.o., he wants to enjoy more time with family and spend time at his condo in Florida.
- SASKATCHEWAN, CANADA - Mourning Glory Funeral Services, a leading provider in Saskatoon, joined SCI in June. The former owner will continue to help serve families and provide the high level of service and respect that resulted in his firm’s excellent reputation in the market.
- ONTARIO, CANADA - R.S. Kane Funeral Home, one of the premier firms in Toronto, partnered with SCI in June. SCI will operate out of R.S. Kane’s current location until 2021. When the lease expires, SCI will continue to have the privilege to serve R.S. Kane’s customers at its nearest locations, Kane-Jerrett Funeral Home and Kane-Jerrett Life Celebration Centre.
- CENTRAL, LA - Central Funeral Home was added to the Dignity family in October, a tuck-in location that was a natural fit with our existing footprint. We are excited about the opportunity it provides to service this growing community as well as what is has afforded staff from a career standpoint.
- SAN FRANCISCO, CA - Halsted N. Gray-Carew & English Funeral Directors - after proudly serving San Francisco Bay Area families since the 1850’s joined SCI in November 2019. Both the business and associates transferred to SCI’s Green Street Mortuary in San Francisco.
- TEMPLE, TX - Scanio-Harper Funeral Home, the leading funeral provider in the area, was acquired in November and enhances SCI’s presence in Central Texas. Philip Scanio will act as a Consultant to help transition the business as he eases into retirement and focuses on other interests and hobbies.
- LONGMONT, CO - Ahlberg Funeral Chapel has a well-established tradition of providing premier service to the Longmont community since 1958. The former owner, Torre Ahlberg, will be staying on to manage the location. Longmont as well as Ahlberg Funeral Chapel has experienced tremendous growth over the last several years. The partnership between SCI and the Ahlberg family has this team poised to continue supporting this growth and the needs of the community.
- NEW JERSEY - Smith McCracken Funeral Home and Wood Funeral Home in Newton and Branchville, respectively, are welcome additions to our NJ footprint. We are excited to have Bob McCracken, who purchased the business from his parents in 1989, stay with us as Location Manager. We will continue to service the families in the area with the same commitment to excellence that was delivered under Bob’s ownership.
- SYLACAUGA, AL - Radney-Smith Funeral Home joined the SCI family in November. This prestigious firm in the Sylacauga area enhances our footprint in Central Alabama.
- BATON ROUGE, LA - We are thrilled to partner with Rabenhorst Funeral Home, which has two beautiful locations in Baton Rouge. Rabenhorst Funeral Home is the city’s oldest continuously-owned family business and has served the community through four generations of the Rabenhorst family. The Rabenhorst family will continue to provide the community with the same dedication and unparalleled quality it’s delivered since 1866.
- HARRISBURG, PA - Zimmerman Auer Funeral Home and Cremation Society of Pennsylvania joined our network in February. The former owner will remain for a short transition period before retiring to spend more time with family and pursue other interests.
- HAWAII - Ballard Family Mortuaries, located on Oahu, Hawaii and Maui, and Valley Isle Memorial Park, located on Maui, joined SCI in March. Mark Ballard will continue in his role and help with integration.
- In June, Gibraltar Remembrance Services became a part of the SCI family and includes the following locations:
- Kays-Ponger & Uselton Funeral Homes in three locations: Punta Gorda, Port Charlotte and South Venice
- Lemon Bay Funeral Home and Gulf Pines Cemetery in the city of Englewood
- Sound Choice, a storefront cremation provider, in two locations: Sarasota and Bradenton
- Southeastern Crematory / Pet Passings in Punta Gorda
- WASHINGTON STATE, all in the Seattle area
- Evergreen Washelli, a Funeral Home / Cemetery combo
- Lifetime Celebrations by Washelli Funeral Home
- Abbey View Cemetery
- Cascade Memorial, a storefront cremation provider, with two locations: Bellevue and Federal Way
- Rosehill Cemetery / Ivey Funeral Home Combo in Hamilton, OH
- INDIANA, primarily in the Indianapolis area
- Crown Hill Cemetery and Funeral Home
- New Crown Cemetery
- Leppert Mortuaries in two locations
- Elm Ridge Funeral Home / Cemetery in Muncie, IN
- BAYTOWN, TX - Navarre Funeral Home & Cremation Service, a leader in the Baytown market, joined SCI in September. The former owner will consult for a short transition period before retiring to spend more time with family and pursue other interests.
- NORFOLK, VIRGINIA - Woodlawn Funeral Home & Memorial Gardens joined SCI in September. Woodlawn is a beautiful property and expands our presence in the region. The former owner is retiring to spend more time with family and pursue various interests.
- FLAGLER BEACH, FL - Craig Flagler Palms Funeral Home and Cemetery joined our network in January, 2017. Alan Whetsell, who served as the GM of the combo facility, remains in that role for us.
- GREATER VANCOUVER - Bell & Burnaby joined our Canadian network effective January, 2017. Tony Slavin owned this business, and he is staying on as the manager of this fine firm.
- GREATER MILWAUKEE, WI - we acquired four cemeteries in January, 2017 that were privately owned. The owners were not involved in operations and their management team has remained in place.
- DAVENPORT, IA - Weerts Funeral Home joined our network in February, 2017. Dave Deuth has since joined our Business Development team while Mark Saunders, Dave’s lead funeral director, has taken over as the location manager.
- BUFFALO, NY - Hoy Funeral Home joined our network in February, 2017. Bob and Mimi Enos owned this firm and both Bob and Mimi are staying on in operations.
- AUSTIN, TX - Laurens Fish and Weed-Corley-Fish partnered with us in April, 2017. Laurens stayed on as the President of Weed-Corley-Fish and stays highly involved in the community.
- COLORADO/NEBRASKA - Allnutt Funeral Services as well as related businesses in Colorado and Nebraska joined our network in August, 2017. Rick Allnutt is staying on as a consultant and Adam Findley, Rick’s GM over operations, is going to lead these businesses for SCI.
What we stand for
Service Corporation International is dedicated to compassionately supporting families at difficult times, celebrating the significance of lives that have been lived, and preserving memories that transcend generations, with dignity and honor.